Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Staying Positive

It sure is hard to stay positive when you feel like crud. I am happy one minute and then the next I feel like choking someone for driving too fast, or not using their blinker. I am calm one minute and then feel totally anxious because the kitchen is a disaster and it's been that way for two days now. Don't sweat the small stuff all stuff is small someone awhile ago said to me. Just think of it every time you get angry over something so small.

Staying positive is something I strive for not only every day but every second of my life. The only thing going for me is being able to sit here and type how I feel and what is really inside of me. Do I care what others think? Not really. My motto: You don't pay my bills so shove off. But deep down inside after brewing about what I read or what I may have said YES I do care. I want to be a part of something positive. I feel that this is positive. I like the computer and what it has to offer. I like to read others stories of hope, dreams, love and abilities to overcome grief, death and losing.

How many self help books does one need to read in order to become a better person? I am tired of all the authors that think they have yet one more thing they can offer their readers that someone doesn't. Why don't they just all get together and write a book and then we all can read it once and pass it on to the next person who has just spent a good chunk of change on books to make them feel better.

I don't have a lot of positive people in my life I guess. The only one that comes to mind is my sister "L" she seems to be upbeat and always looks for the good in people. Just the other day at the store a young man said excuse me honey and I wanted to slap him silly. My sister said, " Maybe he meant that in a good way" I felt degraded. Creep. But now that I look back on it I feel bad for thinking that of him and thought well maybe my sister was right. So my goal for this week is to think positive in everyone. I sure don't want people to label me or stigmatize me, so in return I shouldn't do it either.

Check back on Monday and I will recap where I left off. If it was a good goal or not......

Beth


How To Choose Happiness...Most Of The Time: 30 Ways In 30 Days

No comments: