Sunday, July 4, 2010

Staying Healthy

Healthy sleeping, eating, and exercising habits can help stabilize your moods. Keeping a regular sleep schedule is particularly important. I have always had this problem when not feeling good. Although when I was manic once I was so healthy I lost 7 pounds in a week. I am not sure if this was a good thing or not but I wasn't complaining and neither was my Dr. But the good kind of healthy is making sure that you exercise and stay emotionally fit.

Try not to skip breakfast - This is the most important meal of your day. It gets you motivated to do just about anything. Don't eat while you watch T.V. - If you start doing this you really aren't paying any attention to your food plus you tend to eat more while doing this. Make sure you incorporate a lot of fruits and veggies into your eating habits. Try to stay away for junk food. You may think that at the time it feels good, but down the road your waistline won't appreciate it and it will be harder to get off the sweets. 

More Vegetables, Please!: Over100 Easy & Delicious Recipes for Eating Healthy Foods Each & Every DayDid you know people with bipolar disorder also face hugely increased risk of early death from diabetes, heart disease and stroke.


What ways do you try to stay healthy especially during your days of gloom?


No comments: